Hello Earth, Inc. (hereinafter “Hello Earth”) retains the personal information of members in order to operate our website (HELLO EARTH CONTENT). In managing and protecting the personal information of members, Hello Earth observes the laws and regulation related to personal information so that members feel secure while using our services.
Collection of Personal Information
- For the membership registration to use Hello Earth’s services, we ask for personal information such as email address, address, telephone number, and name. In order to collect personal information, Hello Earth defines the purpose of use of the information, which is collected and used through appropriate methods within the scope necessary to achieve those purposes.
Purpose of Use of Personal Information
- ・For verification purposes when using our services as a member of Hello Earth’s website
- ・To carry out transactions that Hello Earth offers:
Entering into license agreements, provision and delivery of licensed products, settlement of payment and other processes required to execute transactions
- ・To respond to inquiries from members
Responding to inquiries from members who wish to license a product
- ・To provide information from Hello Earth by email magazines, etc.
- ・Any use of the information necessary to provide Hello Earth’s services.
Confirmation and Correction of Personal Information
- Hello Earth will immediately and appropriately respond to requests from members to confirm or correct personal information.
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
- Hello Earth will not provide personal information to third parties except that (1) Hello Earth acquired the consent of the member, (2) when required by laws and regulations, (3) when there is a justifiable reason, or (4) in case of one the following:
- ・In the event of confirming the validity of bank account and credit card with financial institutions for the payment settlement by credit card, etc.
- ・In the event that disclosure is demanded due to laws and regulations.
- In order to operate and manage personal information securely, Hello Earth takes appropriate security measures against threats such as unauthorized external access and the loss, destruction, alteration or leak of personal information.
Outsourcing to Third Parties
- In the event that processing of personal information is outsourced, Hello Earth will select an adequate contractor and enter into an agreement regarding the protection of personal information with the contractor.
- Cookies are pieces of data that is sent from a website to the browser of a user. When a personal computer or mobile terminal is set to accept cookies, the information is stored in a specific location in the browser. However, the information contained in a cookie contains absolutely no information that could identify an individual person.
Scope of Application